“SEEHN MEMBER STATES RESPONSE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND IMMUNIZATION AS ONE OF THE CORE HEALTH SYSTEM SERVICES IN SEE REGION”
The South-Eastern Europe Health Network 42nd SEEHN Plenary Meeting organized by the SEE Health Network Montenegrin Presidency, Executive Committee and Secretariat was held on 21 July, 2020 as an online event.
The meeting joined the member states National Health Coordinators and /or Alternates, the partner countries, international organizations, directors of the SEEHN Regional Health Development Centers (RHDC) and Diplomatic corps, with over 50 participants.
The 42nd Plenary focused on the unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic effect on the SEEHN Member States, SEEHN major developments, activities and challenges during the term of the Montenegrin Presidency (SEEHN Presidency report July 2019 – June, 2020) and the Future Presidency of Romania (July – December 2020).
In this sense, based on the commitments of the SEE Ministers of Health, as specified in the Chisinau Pledge, endorsed during their Fourth Ministerial Forum in 2017, as well as based on the priorities agreed in the SEEHN Montenegrin Presidency Roadmap from 2019, the SEEHN Secretariat will build upon the discussions and decisions from the 42nd Plenary Meeting. Thus, the focus is on several priority areas:
1. Commitment to strengthen capacities of the healthcare personnel – implementation of projects to build capacities on health emergency response and in particular on COVID-19.
2. To address mental health of the healthcare personnel.
3. Gather information on the COVID-19 and its effects, impact on different areas of the health systems.
5. Vaccination and Immunisation.
7. Strengthening of SEEHN technical expertise by supporting its Regional Health Development Centers (RHDC)
This pandemic more than ever thought us that we cannot be safe somewhere alone and isolated, instead we need to focus on working together, put resources and coordinate in a multi-factorial mode. We should explore all collaborations and fructify them by supporting each other for the common wellness, to promote universal health coverage and people-centered services. Solidarity is the key principle of the SEEHN.
United we stay stronger!