The cooperation between the SEEHN and the EC TAIEX Instrument took new positive dimensions in 2014. Based on a well prepared analysis of the situation in 2012-2013, the needs and challenges of the SEEHN regional priorities and the concepts, types of support and procedures of the EC TAIEX, the SEEHN called the Directors of the RHDC to put forward their proposals for multicountry regional events in 2014 for consideration and approval by the SEEHN Ex Com and for corporate application to EC TAIEX.
As a result of this well coordinated action and the precise selection, made by the Ex Com based on well selected criteria in advance, EC TAIEX approved all 10 proposals for 2014.
This is an unprecedented breakthrough, as a result of the excellent work in 2013 with concrete outcomes and follow up on one side, as well as the improved planning on the other.
Nevertheless there is still some room for improvement which was agreed by the meeting between delegations of the SEEHN and the EC TAIEX and EC DG SANCO on 28 April 2014 at the EC DG SANCO offices in Brussels.
List of TAIEX events:
- Evaluation of cross sector public health policies on migration and health, and the role of IHR implementation in SEE countries (Albania)
- Intervention and policies on antibiotics use (Albania in collaboration with the SEE RHDC on Antimicrobial Resistance in Sofia, Bulgaria).
- Donor detection and optimal donor management (DM) (Croatia)
- Waiting list management – Pre-transplant assessment and development of criteria for organ allocation process (Croatia)
- Coping with Non- Communicable Diseases (NCDs) by strengthening and upgrading the capacity of nursing and midwifery workforce in the SEEHN countries (State of Israel)
- Woking time and nurses threats to health and safety (Assess EU experience in legislative adjustments –norms and exceptions) (Republic of Moldova)
- Development/upgrading of Monitoring Systems for NCDs and Health Inequalities at Country Level in line with Cross-sectoral Planning and Data Analysis (linking social and health data, HiAP, HI, development indicators beyond GDP: life expectancy and healthy life years) with the reflection on Current Countries’ Situation (Montenegro)
- Programme development for the reduction of excessive salt intake in the diet of the countries of the SEEHN (South-East Europe Health Network): Development, Review, Implementation, Good Practices and Possible Obstacles (Montenegro)
- The Highest Patient Safety in Transfusion Therapy in Emergency and Special Circumstances (Republic of Serbia in collaboration with the SEE RHDC on Blood Products and Safety in Oradea, Romania)
- Mental Health and Human Rights: Implementing the Council Conclusions on ”The European Pact for Mental Health and Well-being: results and future action” (Republic of Serbia in collaboration with the SEE RHDC on Mental Health in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina).