YOUNG FORUM GASTEIN
27 September – 1 October 2016, Bad Hofgastein, Austria
Call for applications, Newcomers Scholarship 2016
The Young Forum Gastein Scholarship was initiated in 2007 by the International Forum Gastein (IFG), with the support of the European Commission. The scholarships enable young health professionals to attend the EHFG conference to learn about the latest health developments in Europe and meet and debate with European and global health experts. A limited number of scholarships (covering registration fee, travel and accommodation expenses) are available for applicants fulfilling the requirements described below.
- Citizenship of one of the 28 EU member states or candidate countries or EFTA countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland);
- Age limit of 35 years or under on 27 September 2016;
- Proficiency in English (oral and written);
- Hold a Masters degree in a health related subject;
- Relevant work experience of at least 2 years (full time) in the field of health/public health (policy or research);
- Proof of current work in the field of public health (for a university or national research institute, a government ministry or for a non-governmental organisation – or if your employer will cover your costs, for a private company);
- For 2016 a limited number of places are also available for young professionals working in a health role in industry, however scholarships to cover the costs of participating must in this case be borne by the employer at the time of your application.
By applying for the Young Forum Gastein scholarship the applicant confirms his/her availability to undertake an active role before and during the conference. This is a pre-condition for being accepted as a scholar. Available tasks may include participation in presentations, panel discussions, reporting on the event,contributing to the conference web-blog, conducting interviews, tweeting, writing news articles etc. Please note that the Young Forum Gastein programme at the EHFG 2016 commences one day before the official start of the EHFG conference, on Tuesday 27 September. Activities will take place up to and including the evening of Friday 30 September, with travel home on Saturday 1 October.
To apply, please fill out the
– Newcomer – YFG Personal Details Form by clicking here and
– submit the following documents in English:
1) CV: Please submit a full Curriculum Vitae;
2) English Proficiency: Please submit proof of very good command of oral and written English (i.e. a formal certificate/qualification demonstrating proficiency in English OR proof of publications or other written work in English OR employer confirmation of your English ability and regular use of English in your day to day work);
3) Passport Scan/Copy: Please submit a photocopy of your passport or identity card for proof of your nationality and age (age limit of 35 years of age or under on 27 September 2016).
4) Letter of Support: Please submit a brief letter from your manager on your organisation´s headed paper confirming that:
a) You are working in the field of public health and have at least 2 years full time work experience in this field;
b) Your manager supports your application and if you are selected as a Young Forum Gastein scholar in 2016 your organisation will grant you leave to participate in the Young Gastein programme and attend the EHFG from Tuesday 27 September to Saturday 1 October 2016. (For information and planning purposes, Young Forum Gastein starts on Tuesday 27 September 2016, one day before the EHFG officially commences, and depending on flight availability some participants may need to arrive on Monday 26 September).
c) If you are applying from industry, please also include in this letter confirmation that your employer has agreed to cover your costs if you are selected (approximately 1,800 Euros).
Only full applications will be considered. Scholars will be selected based on the merit of their applications and
to ensure a balanced participation from countries, representatives of science, public administration, civil society
and industry, and a suitable mix of Young Forum Gastein alumni and newcomers. We will inform applicants of
the outcome as soon as we can, usually by the end of June.
Please fill out the YFG Personal Details Form and send Josef Wenninger Josef(at)ehfg.org the above documents in electronic format by midnight on Monday 16 May 2016.