|Vacancy Notice No: 1
Title: Administrative Assistant
|Date: 06 April, 2016
Application Deadline: 13 April 2016
Duty Station: SEEHN Secretariat, Skopje Republic of Macedonia
Purpose of the post: The SEEHN secretariat is an institution of the Network that provides technical, managerial and administrative support to the activities of the Network. Under general supervision of the Head of the Secretariat and the direct supervision of the Finance Officer, the incumbent of the post is responsible for the efficient management of the administrative and operational functions involved in the day-to-day running of the Secretariat of SEEHN and the optimal utilization of financial and human resources.
Objectives of the post:
- To ensure efficient and continuous administration and operation of the SEEHN secretariat.
Implement the SEEHN operational plans agreed at the plenary meetings of the network, within a road map of activities.
- Ensure timely reporting to the Network and the Executive Committee on program implementation activities.
Description of duties:
Provide support to the SEEHN staff for the management and control of all administrative services and operations. Such services and operations include, procurement, human resources conference, workshops and events management, and office space and equipment arrangements;
- Answer telephone calls, send, receive and file faxes and office mail
- Provide information in response to visitor or telephone inquiries
- Call the appropriate office to obtain information on specialized and technical questions
- Direct authorized visitors to the proper offices, verify and arrange appointments
- Preparing/organizing the office for scheduled group meetings.
- Receive and send project mail
- Maintain employee contact files
- Photocopy materials as required
- Assist in office supply procurement.
- Perform written translation of various materials, including incoming and outgoing mail;
- Assist with logistics for Activities, seminars and other events (request offers from vendors, lodging and travel arrangements, rental equipment, interpreters etc. in coordination with the respective member states staff);
- Arrange travel for employees and transportation and accommodation for visitors and consultants;
- Arrange, coordinate and lead administrative preparation for meetings, seminars, workshops, including letters of invitation, costs
- calculation and travel requests; assisting with preparation of documents, dispatching of materials and liaising with participants and
- others involved.
- Prepare presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions.
- Schedule weekly team and ad hoc meetings, according to schedules and need; taking and preparation of minutes.
- Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team’s professional
- staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents.
Essential: University degree in public or business administration, finance or a related field. Desirable: Qualifications in management and/or administration, experience in WHO activity, or in other international organizations.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Essential: Sound knowledge of office management, administration, human resources, finance/accounting and budget.
- Excellent spreadsheet and writing skills with Microsoft Office TM Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Internet applications and strong communication skills are required.
- Desirable: Specialized knowledge of international organizations administrative rules, procedures and practices is an asset.
- Essential: Fluent knowledge of English (both written and verbal);
- Desirable: Good knowledge of the languages of the 10 SEEHN countries and other European languages
- Essential: At least 1 year of experience preferably at international level in office management and general administration.
The position will be a short-term, three to six months with a possibility of extension. All details such is duration of the contract and remuneration will be discussed with the most successful/qualified candidate.
Candidates are invited to submit their candidacy letter accompanied by their CV and any other proves of their skills and competences to the SEEHN Secretariat to Maria Ruseva at email@example.com and Natasha Lazovska at firstname.lastname@example.org